God's Two Choices Against Temptation - Stand! Flee!

Today's Reading: Psalm 119:106-114 Pray this daily!

"I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws. I have suffered much; preserve my life, O LORD, according to your word. Accept, O LORD, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws. Though I constantly take my life in my hands, I will not forget your law. The wicked have set a snare for me, but I have not strayed from your precepts. Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart. My heart is set on keeping your decrees to the very end. I hate double-minded men, but I love your law. You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word."

Beloved, it is my prayer that God's perfect will be accomplished in your life and that you would not be led astray by anything that was not of God--anything!

I believe God's word only gives us two options when faced with temptation or any situation that would seek to destroy our testimony and/or our very lives--stand or flee!

Precious are the times when God intervenes and takes the matter out of our hands and frees us from having to make the choice. Oh, but know there is also a perfect time to stand and fight! Read 1 Samuel 17, especially verses and 22-26 and 41-46!

Young David stands fearlessly against a giant who dares to blaspheme our God and coming against His children! Another example of standing is Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego (Daniel 3.) When the king tried to force them to stop worshiping and praying to the One True God. Rather than bowing down and worshipping a man-made image, they chose the firey furnace. Of course, the Lord delivered them--even to joining them in the flames!

Countless saints have taken a stand for their faith--facing difficult, evenly deadly circumstances. Some were delivered back to their families, others suffered horrible deaths (Hebrews 11!) The question is do we stand in our own strength or, as young David, in the power and strength of Almighty God? If God's asks you to stand, then be sure that He will give you the strength and wisdom to confront your enemies. Don't ever attempt this without His leading!

An example of fleeing is given in Genesis 39 regarding young Joseph and Potiphar's wife! He fled from the very appearance of evil! Fleeing is not weakness! Sometimes it is the only "out" God gives us! It is realizing your weaknesses and as Jesus put it, "cutting off your hand!"

Actually, our experiences are quite similiar, except it was mental illness, true madness, that led many in my family into believing all sort of lies of the devil. Those lies also destroyed them physically, but I pray that God, in His great mercy, did not allow this illnes to destroy their souls. I have hope because even though my family erred in areas of the faith, I do believe that they recognized Jesus as the only Way to salvation.

When I married, the Lord moved us away from my family for 13 years because I wasn't spiritually able to stand up to satan using them to scheme and plot against me or to unjustly accuse me as they had always done. God knew that! (I didn't know the "why" then, but God revealed that to me when He did bring me back.)

Trust that God knows your situation and will provide your escape! He has delivered you and He will deliver you (2 Corinthians 1:10)! Why are you upset about the date of your birth--as if your parents were in control? No, scripture tells us that the times and even the places where we will live are His preordained plan for your life! While your family may have been plotting evil, your Father God has nothing but a good future planned for you (Jeremiah 29:11!) Why are you worried about any "spells" or voodoo, or whatever it is they try to come up with against you? Are they God? No! God's words says that "no weapon formed against you will stand (Isaiah 54:17!)" Why fear them? Trust God! I know you love your parents, and you are horrified at what you discovered about their lives, but press forward! If they fail to repent, trust them to God! You, dear one, are a kingdom and a priest to your God (Revelation >1:6!) You, right now, are seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:6!) Walk in this truth!

I will continue to remember you all in my prayers. God's has a purpose for your life! I know this is long, but it is from my heart! I want to share

No comments: